From the village resort to the large ski areas, mountain lovers will appreciate the diversity of landscapes and architecture, as well as the many activities accessible to all levels of ability. Nordic skiing in the forest or Alpine skiing on the great peaks and glaciers, snowboarding, free riding, snowshoeing, ski mountaineering, trail running or mountain biking on snow, climbing ... or simply a pampering, relaxing break.
Key figures for winter
What we offer tourists:
- 22 winter sports resorts, spread across 4 massifs: Belledonne, Chartreuse, Oisans, Vercors
- 1,200 km of ski runs and 390 chair lifts
- 30 Nordic ski resorts, 1,000 km of marked runs
Tourist accommodation capacity:
- 300,000 guest beds
- the 3rd biggest capacity of all departments in Rhône-Alpes (13%)
- 70% of beds are in the mountain area
- 20% in the plains and hills and 10% in the Grenoble conurbation and the Grésivaudan Valley.
Famille Plus Montagne labelled resorts
The Famille Plus Montagne label is awarded to resorts that take a comprehensive approach in favour of holidays specifically designed for families and children. The criteria include providing a personal welcome, tailored entertainment and activities, special rates, accommodation, convenient shops and services, equipment and transport, safety, and childcare for children of 18 months to 12 years old.
Isère has 4 resorts carrying this label: Les 2 Alpes, Vaujany and Villard-de-Lans/Corrençon-en-Vercors and now l’Alpe d’Huez.