Day 1: Arrival / Chartreuse
Picking up the group at the Lyon St Exupery airport. Welcome of participants.
Departure to the Massif de la Chartreuse.
Visit of the Museum of the Grande Chartreuse housed in an old dependency of the Monastery. It makes you discover the mystery of the Carthusian Order, whose mother-house is closed and cannot be visited. The museum and its many rooms open you the doors to the inner and spiritual adventure of the Carthusian monks, as well as their vocation to solitude and lifestyle. Visit of the Chartreuse Cellars in Voiron. Discovery of the largest liquor cellars in the world where only two Carthusian monks hold the secret assembly of 130 plants needed to develop the precious liquor.
Arrival at the hotel.
Day 2: Festival Berlioz in La Cote St Andre
Accompanied by a guide, discover Grenoble, capital of the Alps.
With the cable-car, you can access the site of the Bastille, the last foothills of the Chartreuse. You will enjoy a panoramic view of the city and its fantastic mountains : Oisans, Chartreuse and Vercors. Grenoble, today a main scientific centre, is also known to have hosted the WINTER OLYMPICS in 1968. Many books bear witness to this historic episode.
Lunch at the panoramic restaurant then departure to La Cote St Andre, where takes place the famous yearly festival. You can visit his birthplace and attend various musical entertainments in the afternoon. (free visit and time).
Free dinner. Evening concert (reserved seats). Return to Grenoble.
Day 3: Chamonix
Departure to Chamonix, Mecca of mountaineering and skiing. Boarding on the train of Montenvers to access the Sea Of Ice, the largest glacier in Europe; at the end of a long corridor carved into the ice, you will enter the heart of the glacier and admire the ice sculptures.
In the afternoon (depending on the weather): ascent of the Aiguille du Midi by cable car (the highest in Europe). At the summit, 3842 meters high, you will enjoy an exceptional 360 ° view, featuring the: Mont Blanc. Return to GRENOBLE late in the afternoon.
DAY 4: LYON and return
Starting in the early morning to Lyon (UNESCO World Heritage). After a scenic stop at Notre Dame de Fourvière, you will discover the old city on foot. A beautiful Renaissance style, with a typical feature of the city: the presence of “traboules” (alleyways) to safely walk through the buildings.
Lunch. Transfer to the airport of Lyon St Exupéry. End of our services.
COMPLEMENTARY DAY: the Rhone Valley Condrieu Côte-Rôtie / Vienne
Morning: discovery of a domain and wine tasting
Lunch cruise "the vineyards of Condrieu and Ampuis - tour of the vineyards
Afternoon: guided tour of Vienne labelled "City of Art and History", which includes 42 places protected as Historic Monuments.
An exceptional antique heritage reflecting the splendour of the city in Roman times.
The order of the scheduled visits may be reverse, but all the program activities will be carried out.
RATES AND CONDITIONS
Prices: Estimated price per person and per coach
Subject to change upward or downward depending on the period chosen and hotel availability
|# of participants||From 15 to 19||From 20 to 24||From 25 to 29||From 30 to 34||From 35 to 39||From 40 to 50|
|4 days package||658 €||588 €||545 €||518 €||498 €||483 €|
|1 extra day in Vienne||170 €||156 €||147 €||142 €||138 €||135 €|
1 free for 40 paying i.e. 41st place free.
- Coach transportation
- Accommodation in 3* hotel, double room
- Catering : full board from lunch on day 1 to lunch on the last day (except dinner on day 2)
- Concert ticket for the Festival Berlioz
- Bastille cable round trip in Grenoble
- Guided tour of Lyon
Services not included:
- Single room supplement: please contact us
- Personal expenses
Extra Day In Vienne
Including transportation by coach, guided tour of VIENNE, the train ride through the vineyards of the Côte Rôtie, wine tasting and the lunch cruise on the Rhone
- Tariff reserves: a tariff readjustment can be applied depending on your departure date
- Booking : . 30% deposit per person at time of booking. Balance due 30 days before departure.
- Cancellation fee per person:
- € 25 more than 30 days before departure / 25% from 29 to 21 days before departure / 50% from 20 to 8 days before departure / 75% from 7 to 3 days before departure / 100% 2 days before departure
- Depending on travels, the conditions above can be changed: refer to final contract
- Any interrupted or shortened travel or stay, as well as any service not used by the passenger for any reason, shall not give rise to any refund, even in case of repatriation.